Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] hylafax win32 client

Unfortunately, the Windows client softwares are not written by or
maintained by the HylaFAX group.  They are developed by third-parties,
some of whom subscribe to the HylaFAX mail lists.

more comments below.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 01:57:46PM +0100, Matt wrote:

> The client windows computers are running what I believe is a Windows client
> of hylafax.

Any idea what software specifically?  There are a few Windows HylaFAX
clients that I know of and I'm sure there are more in the wild.

Without knowing specificaly which software (client, os, etc) and versions
are installed - I doubt anyone can help you.

> I have installed a my Visual Basic compiled application onto the client(s)
> and it is working fine, however it has caused your client not to work.

What VB version?  What DLLs were installed etc?

> I wondered whether the VB libaries were maybe conflicting with older VB
> libaries (that your application uses) and maybe you have a patch for this.=

It's possible, and in my experience with VB/Windows probable.  Without more
info, no one can help you.

Who set up the software to begin with?  Do they provide support?  Does
e-smith support your systems?

good luck,

-joe