Re: [hylafax-users] Modem for HylaFax

I'm not familiar with that model modem.

Your "which model do you recommend" question is a FAQ and I recommend
you search the list archives and/or google.

Generally, it seems Multitech is recommended as a brand.  I've personally
had good luck with Multitech modems.  So long as it's not a WinModem,
I'd expect your PCI card to work.

Also, external modems are generally recommended over internal as, if a
modem 'hangs' you don't need to reboot the whole PC just to reset the
modem.  With external modems, you would simply power-cycle the broken
'port' and continue.

As for multi-port modems.  I have used 4-port Comtrol RocketModems
(internal ISA) in a testing environment with good luck w/ Linux and
HylaFAX.  YMMV

good luck.

-joe

--