Re: [hylafax-users] Modem Conexant HCF 56k Data/Fax Modem (rev 08). Not able to configure it.

On Saturday 07 September 2002 08:37 am, Corrado e Rina wrote:
>> cu: open (/dev/ttySHCF0): Permission denied
> cu: ttySHCF0: Line in use
>
> But the line is not in use at all ... :-(
>
> Do you have a clue???

Go to /var/lock and you will probably find a stale lock file there.  Delete
it and try again.  If I am right, you should be able to cruise away.

FYI, I was using the HCF Conexant variety modem for a short while but found
it extremely flakey.  I went out and bought myself a USR Faxmodem 56k which
is working perfectly for my small needs.

However, other people here seem to swear by the Multtech models which appear
to be more stable, and will only set you back a few bucks more.

Cheers.

Sunil