Re: [hylafax-users] Update on Problem with Distinctive Ring (346 patch does not fix CID issue)

Yes, oddly with a variety of "fixes" I have tried of the type you
indicated below, I am still having the two (sort of) independent
problems:

(i) "RING A" versus "RING B" is not distinguished (are the spaces
causing problems with the .length() operator?

(ii) cid.name and cid.number are being set incorrectly to the RING
string above in (i).  Again, since RING A and RING B apparently are not
being properly detected, somehow even when I hardcode extended ring to
be "RING;" and call parseCID only within this then clause, I still get
RING A or RING B as the result of both cid.number and cid.name.

I would like to do some debugging, but need to know the format of fxStr
structure.

Where is it defined with its operators?  I have not been able to figure
that out. Also, where are the macros strnequ and strequ.  They
apparently seem to work with fxStr structures.

Again, I apologize in advance, as I am not a C++ programmer, so not sure
if there is something obvious in inserting debug prints.  I wanted to
basically have some prints of various variables in these functions.

However, since I have some time and have the peculiarities, I'd love to
see to track it down and, if necessary, help find a fix.

Thanks.

Sunil

p.s.  Should this thread move over to development?