Re: [hylafax-users] Retrieving Faxes

Paul Kraus said:

> Maybe I am missing something but all the man pages/help docs say about
> retrieving faxes is that they can be accessed via the hfaxd protocol.
> How do I retrieve them from a windows workstation or for that matter
> how do I get to them from even the same Linux box? The docs say that they
> are mailed to the faxmaster account. Sorry for the newbie questions. I am
> trying to move the company to Linux and I am very new to the os myself.
> I was given a server and told to set it up to do faxing for the company so
> I am trying to go the no M$ route. Thanks!
>
> Paul Kraus
> Network Administrator
> PEL Supply Company
> 216.267.5775 Voice
> 216-267-6176 Fax
> www.pelsupply.com

At my site we use email to deliver faxes. Our current setup is to have the
faxes sent to a secretary, who distributes them by email. She of course does
not care for this arrangement, so I will be moving to a system where faxes
get printed out to different locations depending on the number called. I
believe that WHFC and Cypheus can retrieve faxes from the server via the
FTP-like protocol that hfaxd uses, lookin the Links section of the website
for these and other clients. Never used this approach though. On the server,
you can just open up the file from /var/spool/hylafax/recvq, or whatever
your path may be. This is very easy if you are running X on the server.

Josh