Re: [hylafax-users] Any PC system requirements?

Ron Brayer said:

> Are there any PC system requirements?  Or any systems that you
> can recommend?
>
> Thx

For your average system running a couple of lines, you could darn well run
it on a 486. My HylaFAX server is an old Compaq Pentium 200. Its got 192M of
memory, which is probably more than it needs, but Ghostscript likes memory,
that's what HylaFAX uses for converting image types. I'm scaling up the
number of lines I'm going to be using to 12, we were using this online fax
service, and it will be interesting to see how it handles the new volume.
[sidebar: I really wished I could have talked my boss into letting me give
DID a shot on this, but he didn't want to foot the hardware bill :(] My
biggest hardware recommendation is to spend a little extra on your modems,
get decent quality ones, preferably external. Just about any modem can be
made to work with HylaFAX in Class 1, but I think you'll save yourself some
heartache this way.

HTH
Josh