Re: [hylafax-users] mail to fax not working

>I dont know how to fix this, the mail client (mail
>program) or sendmail couldn't recognize my 25342xx.fax
>address, host name lookup failure.
>
>Can someone give me hints about this problem ?

Try some other ways to enter the address. I've been fighting some time with
a ZetaFAX server (on Win NT). In case you wonder: yes it runs only class 1 fax.

Anyway it was very picky. Had to try a zillion combinations. IIRC something
like name@12345678.FAX worked. At other times 12345678@FAX seemed to work
just fine.. O well.. try and you'll see.

On the other hand. You_should_never_change_sendmail.cf_by_hand.

You may or may not be able to create all the changes needed. I don't know
on which version of Sendmail the doc you mention is based. But I would
prefer to use the m4 macro. It's not as hard as it looks :-) and you'll be
quite sure everything is put where ik belongs.
Uhhhhmmmm the fax.m4 that comes with Sendmail 8.12.5 is tested with HylaFAX
4.0pl1 dunno if changes are required..

Bye,

B.