Re: [hylafax-users] Uninstalling HylaFAX

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:22:59PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> I've found Mandrake Hylafax.rpm but I've already installed the one I
> downloaded from www.hylafax.org.
>
> What files and directory do I need to remove to uninstall the Hylafax?
> I would like to install the rpm one.
>
> Joseph

A general solution to uninstalling any tarball installation is this:
When you did the install, it is almost certain that you did
	make install
but failed to retain the output, which lists in detail every
file that was installed.

Therefore, do it again, but retain the output:
	make install 2>&1 | tee /tmp/install.out

Then examine every line to enumerate all the files that were (re)installed
and remove them.
It's tedious and lengthy, but it works.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad@datix.2y.net    (828) 696-8646;  fax (828) 694-1037