Re: [hylafax-users] 'job sent succesfully', while it was not

Patrice Fournier said:
> hmmm.. there's no SEND file line here... it looks like the job had no
> file to send (and accepted this). It then proceeded to close the
> connection and has the code is optimistic and defaults to success, the
> job was reported to be sent successfully. Now, why it accepted to
> connect with no job to send is what we should find out.

Ok, I've confirmed that a queued job with no file to send or to poll will
still make a call to the remote machine. Before a job is attempted, there
should be a check to make sure something is to be sent or retrieved.

One way to test this is to prepare a job and schedule it in 5 minutes.
Then remove every files references from the queue file. Once the delay is
reached, the job will be started, the call will be made and as soon as
HylaFAX receives the REMOTE information, it will terminate the call.

This does not explain why the file disapeared, but once fixed wouldn't at
least return a successful delivery message. And even though a job should
not exist incomplete, we should make sure it is complete just before we
make the call as we don't know what happenned between when the job was
scheduled and the present moment and it's better not to make a call (which
may not be free) when it's not needed.

--
Patrice Fournier