Re: [hylafax-users] permissions and timestamps ||

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:10:42 -0400, "alt" <net@speakeasy.net> wrote:

>I add whom-ever I want to view these received faxes to the file /etc/group
>in the *dialer* group ... dialer:*:68:imani
>When I make this change, i.e. "RecvFileMode: 0640" and add whatever
>users to the *dialer* group; my windows2k-client= 'Cypheus' and its
>user= 'imani' is not able to view/retrieve these files within
HylaFAX does not use /etc/passwd /etc/group for clients, but
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd.

I think Cypheus has explanations to handle this case.

Without Cypheus, you can set up a samba share pointing to recvq, samba will
honor /etc/group.

>Why does 'faxstat -r' not show the normal *nix group/gid permissions?
>faxstat -r is only showing permissions for the 'owner' and permissions
don't remember right now.

>Third and last issue.. :~)
><shell_prompt># ll /var/spool/hylafax/recvq
>-rw----r--  1 uucp  dialer  12636 Jul 26 03:51 fax00028.tif
><shell_prompt># faxstat -r
>Protect Page  Owner        Sender/TSI  Recvd@ Filename
>-rw-r--    1  68                  not Fri07AM fax00028.tif

Use "faxstat -rl".
"-r" alone shows time in UTC and your email shows you are -4000 ...
(3 + 4=7)

--
giulioo@pobox.com