Re: [hylafax-users] Post Send Information

> After the job returns, I can look for 'SEND FAILED' and grab the
error
> message.  That makes it easy to spot failures, but if the log
> does NOT have that line, is it always a success?

Not always.
You might send "JPARM" command to HylaFAX and check the answer:

- Is there a line "SENDTIME:" and does it contain a date/time
- Is there a line "TOTPAGES:" and does it contain a value > 0
- Is there a line "COMMID:" and does it contain any text after the
colon
- Is there a line "STATUS:" and isn't there any text after the colon

If any of this is false, then the fax failed.

You should check using "JPARM STATE" if HylaFAX answers with "D"
(=done), before using "JPARM", otherwise the job is not completed.

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 · D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 · Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com · http://www.urania.com

Highend Fax: HylaFAX® (www.hylafax.org)
and Cypheus (www.cypheus.de)