Re: [hylafax-users] FW: Multiple PCI modems?

Hello Tony,

Let me first explain that junk fax is an "acceptable" (but obviously not
loved) business practice here in Hong Kong... :-) Just in case you call me a
spammer. Plus the fax numbers we are talking about here are obtained through
legitimate channels, mostly through local government SME business databases.

Well, the goal is to send 50,000 one page fax "as soon as" possible
utilizing 5 to 8 office phone lines during the night.

Right now my client has 3 PCs running WinFAX each having their own modems
pumping out faxes at night. She is saying each page takes 3 minutes no less,
my guess is most of it is unproductive time waiting for the PC to convert
the Word document into TIFF, and each destination means another conversion
because the name of the receipent company has to be merged in. The actual
transmission in fine mode I think takes about 1 min 15 seconds.

At that rate it will take forever to finish the 50,000 faxes, and she is
looking at adding modems and WinFAX software to another 5 PCs. I told her I
have a better solution both in terms of speed and "manageability". I believe
Hylafax can use the day time to do all the ghostscript Postscript to TIFF
conversion and have the files waiting to be transmitted at night, so the
modem will be utilized 100% during night time.

But now I run into a brick wall in terms of finding a cheap hardware
solution.

How many faxes are they looking at sending/receiving per day?

Tony.