Re: [hylafax-users] Caller ID

On 2002.07.02 09:31 Midshire Veterinary wrote:
> Is it possible to have Caller ID information stored against an incoming
> fax
> message?

Yes.

> I am looking at using Hylafax for our incoming fax handling, and I want
> to be
> able to look at the caller ID phone number to determine where a fax has
> come
> from in the event that the CSID information is left blank or set to 'Fax
> message' or one of the other 'standard' CSIDs that some people seem to
> use.
> I can handle which one to look for (I plan to have the faxes delivered
> via
> email with PDF attachments to our 'other' server) but I can't see that
> the
> email message can be made to contain that information, only that I can
> configure Hylafax to reject certain numbers.
>
> Any comments greatly appreciated

Once you get CID working correctly it will start showing up in your e-mail
notification.

So, set up QualifyCID in etc/config (see 'man cid'), define CIDName and
CIDNumber in etc/config.<devid>, set RingsBeforeAnswer to no less than 2.

"Turn on" CID reception in your modem (i.e., set ModemRestCmds to
AT#CID=1) and make sure your phone line is getting CID information.

That's it.  Then you should get CIDName and CIDNumber in your e-mail
notification.