Re: [hylafax-users] cypheus as printer?

Jeff,

> I have WHFC setup and working correctly now but I would like to be
> able to use contact information from an extensive ACT! database
> that the company uses.  I haven't seen anything suggesting WHFC
> can do this.
>
> Cypheus can though.  Two items though:
> 1) Cypheus seems a lot more complex to install since you have
> to install a bunch of other software components.

You only need to install GhostScript (for support of PS files) and
the MS MDAC package (I'm not allowed to add both to the setup). You
only need ADSI, if you want to use a LDAP address book and DCOM
should be installed already on most PC (Win NT4/2000/XP or IE >=4 ).

> 2) Cypheus doesn't seem to support a fax printer device.

Cypheus does. There are two printer drivers: Redmon/PS and a TIFF
driver. Due to some incompatibilities, please use Redmon/PS at the
moment. I will release a complete new TIFF driver by the end of this
month/early June.

If you have any other questions, please send it to me directly (I'm
not looking at the HylaFAX mailing list every day, don't have much
time at the moment ;-)

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 · D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 · Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com · http://www.urania.com

Highend Fax: HylaFAX® (www.hylafax.org)
and Cypheus (www.cypheus.de)