Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] RFD - Business form overlays/merging

Bernd Proissl wrote:

> > Let's face it . . . it's pretty tough to get a custom coverpage installed and running
> > with HylaFAX presently. The eventual goal would be to replace HylaFAX's current
> > coverpage-generation routines with this form-population technology. Therefore one of
> > the requirements of any solution would be the ability to produce the form/template
> > using some EASY! tool, which SHOULD run on UNIX but MUST run on Windows machines.
>
> What about using open office as a form generator tool? I had a project where i did
> this with ms word and visual basic. word was used by the end user to create
> the form (including some markers as labels) and the VB application used word

Hi,

myabe have a look at http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net .
Thats a report generator written in java (runs here nicely
under linux and windows). It uses XML for designing the
reports, including some beginning developement of
GUI based report design tools.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Transcom
http://www.uli-eckhardt.de              http://www.transcom.de