Re: [hylafax-users] HELP! compile error during ./configure "missing tiff library" Mac OS X

RANLIB /usr/local/libtif*
On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 04:37 AM, Paul Green wrote:

I'm running ./configure and everything moves along until this:

... configure use of <utmp.h> (normal utmp interface)
... checking TIFF library version

Missing TIFF Library.

Compilation of the following test program failed:

#include "tiffio.h"
main()
{
    printf( "header_ver=%d lib_ver=%s", TIFFLIB_VERSION, TIFFGetVersion() );
    exit(0);
}

TIFFINC=/usr/local/include
LIBTIFF=-L/usr/local/lib -ltiff

Verify that you have the TIFFINC and LIBTIFF configuration parameters
set correctly for your system (see above) and that any environment
variables are setup that are needed to locate a libtiff DSO at runtime
(e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH). Also be sure that any relative pathnames are
made relative to the top of the build area.

Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.

[ucsf-81-174:/usr/src/hylafax] jon%

I've installed the tiff library correctly (I downloaded and installed the most recent version) and everything is in the right place (e.g. tiffio.h is in /usr/local/include). I've read the hylafax archives, and I've tried each of the following:

./configure --with-LIBTIFF="-ltiff -lz"

./configure --with-LIBTIFF="-ltiff -lz -ljpeg"

./configure --with-LIBTIFF="-ltiff -lz -ljpeg -lm"

with no success.

Can anyone help?

Here is some other info:

This is being set up on a Mac OS X (v. 10.1.4, disk formatted with UFS).

I'm pretty new to the Unix world, so I need guidance!

All help idea appreciated!

Paul

--

Paul G. Green, Ph.D.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Phone: (415) 476-4902
Fax: (415) 476-6305

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions