[hylafax-users] cover sheet problems

Hello to everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction.
I am using HylaFAX 1.4 on mandrake 8.1 installed from rpm

Faxing is working great I now need to put in my company's fax cover sheet. The default faxcover.ps works but it is not in my company's format. Here is where I have been having the problems.

I have tried the solutions posted here:
http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q202.php
to create my own ps cover sheet.

The problem that I have with the first solution is that the make_cover script produces a ps doc that has errors. Specifically:
"Error: /undefined in to"
This even occurs when I use the script to convert the eps file that is included with the download of make_cover!

So, I tried the suggestion provided by Randy Davis. Trying this, I am able to get a ps doc that I can view and print without any errors. I can even send a fax and use it as my cover page. The only problem is that the ps 'variables' do not get substituted in...so I end up with a cover page and no data in the applicable fields.

I downloaded the latex-cover.sty files. I can't find any information on how exactly to use this. The README doesn't explain how.

Ok, so then I tried the tgif solution by Affan Ottenheimer. Since this solution uses the make_cover script, I had a ps file with errors... same as above.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of the above...even trying to edit files manually (I dont know anything about ps programming) but am having no luck.

Also, the documentation here:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/tweaking.php#ss6.2
leads me down a path to a ps file with errors described above.

It seems like I am very close by using tgif to create my doc, but I must be missing some key piece of information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
rob apodaca