Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax GUI Front End

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 20:25, Pedro Rocadas wrote:
> >Is there a reasonably good GUI front end for configuring
>
> Configuring using a GUI ? Do you really need eye-candy
> to configure hylafax?

No I am not talking about eye candy? All this bloody crap about command
line shit is what is going to permanently keep Linux as just "geek
freak" garbage in the mind of the ordinary everyday computer user and
keep Mr Gates laughing all the way to the bank. By way of great example
of "so called eye candy", just read the Linux related mailing lists and
news groups singing the praises of KDE3.

> >sending and receiving with Hylafax. Something like
> efax-gtk for efax.
>
> Unfortunnaly our users work with wincrap, but maybe a
> reasonably search for kfax(KDE) will help you in the
> sending task.

Yes, I am a refugee from Windows and for many years I have been using an
extremely powerful fax tool (namely Winfax from Symantec). In fact, I
have written several custom applications for some of my clients, which
interface with Winfax for reporting data from remote unmanned data
collection locations.

> Oh, and don't forget to read the kfax help. I'm sure that you will find reasonably
> information there in how kfax must be configured to  work with hylafax.
> GUI to receive fax. Well, I think any graphical MUA will be ok for you.

Pedro, please don't be bloody patronizing!!! This snotty "I use Linux,
so I am holier than thou" attitude is not helping the promotion and
advancement of Linux. In the "real world" Windows is winning, because of
the readily understandable GUI "eye candy" that the everyday computer
user wants.

> The fax come attached with the notification if you setup FaxDispatch.

While kfax is a useful little utility, it is only part of what should be
a fully developed fax program (both front and back end). FaxDispatch is
yet another "tack on" to make up for the lack of a fully developed Linux
fax application.

> Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt)
> Dptº Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff

I am in no doubt as to the power and potential of Hylafax, otherwise I
would not have submitted my question here, but if this is representative
of the quality of answers to this list, I must presume the answer to my
simple question is a simple "No".

Dave

BTW. Would you please reply to the list and not duplicate e-mail
directly to me. Thank you.