[hylafax-users] Fax msgs. stuck in queue (CAPI4Hylafax)

Hi. I have a strange problem with Hylafax, or CAPI4Hylafax actually: hfaxd
accepts fax messages via sendfax. They are enqueued, but not sent. It seems,
that faxq doesn't recognize the "modem":

Apr 24 00:18:01 archer FaxQueuer[13684]: JOB 15 (ready dest <faxnr.> pri 127
tts 0:00 killtime 2:06:25): No assignable modem located

c2faxrecv is running in the background. It accepts incoming faxes on multiple
MSNs just fine.

faxstat says:
HylaFAX scheduler on archer.gorgonites.wha.la: Running
Modem faxCAPI (): Running and idle

I'm using debianized Hylafax 4.1.1 on Debian sid, kernel 2.4.18. The ISDN
adapter is a AVM Fritzcard PCI, CAPI4Hylafax version is 1.01.02.

Which button did I forget to press? Any hints appreciated!

Thanks,
Oliver