[hylafax-users] Unspecified Transmit Phase D error

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Liguit
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 12:04 AM
Subject: Unspecified Transmit Phase D error

Hi Guys!

I'm Mike Liguit of the Advanced Science and Technology Institute of the Department of Science and Technology here in the Philippines.  It was my first time to setup a Hylafax Server using Red Hat 7.2, Hylafax 4.1.1, and a 3COM US Robotics V.Everything Courier Modem 56K.  This is for our implementation of a paperless fax service.

So far, my installation was really nice and I was able to send and receive facsimiles on our fax machines.  However, I mailed (two weeks ago) this mailing list (not subscribed yet) for a problem regarding the viewing of received faxes.  I wasn't able to view it correctly coz it looked stretched because it was on portrait orientation.  Also, when I test-faxed multiple pages, I can only see the last page and thought the pages keeps on overwriting the file (I was expecting multiple files on multiple pages). Fortunately, Lee Howard explained me that TIFF files are multi-paged (thanks man!). He also told me of receiving PDF files. Soon, I have discovered the reason for my problems.  I'm viewing it incorrectly because I was using the "Electric Eyes" gnome application. I tried viewing it with the default TIFF viewer on windows and got it correctly and is multi-paged.  I also managed to receive PDF files (before, I thought I couldn't receive PDF files because I was just looking at the "recvq" until I configured sendmail to send it to my station and it worked.)

Because of some intervening tasks I've had, I discontinued the supposed further testing outside our office and focused on other research.  I know it would be nice to resume it again for I have resolved my previous problems.  I also have been able to setup the WHFC windows client and it worked perfectly well (before, I tried using Samba Fax and it worked well too but my boss is not satisfied because of the "Fax-Nr" thing that he could see on the sent facsimile ).  As I resumed the testing, I tried faxing on the usual fax numbers that our secretary had given me and it didn't worked quite well.  Almost 50% of the fax I send returned with an error "Unspecified Transmit Phase D error, including +FPHCTO timeout between data and +FET command." Some of them were completed after several tries. Some failed. I have configured it to use Class 2.0 and receving runs smoothly as of this time. All of the numbers (there were at least 15 of them) I tried were typical Fax Machines.

I hope you guys could help me with this.

Thanks!

Mike Liguit
ASTI-Management Information System

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions