[hylafax-users] multipage sending: 2nd page corrupted

Hi,

i have the following setup:

Server: Hylafax v4.0pl2-75
Client: Cypheus 2.40.2600
Modem: Dr. Neuhaus Cybermod 28.8

The following problem occurs, when sending multipage faxes:

When I open a received TIFF-file sent by Hylafax it has the correct
amount of pages, but the contents of the second page looks like it was
scaled down to the size of a stamp. The identifier line at the top of
the fax is OK.

I looked at the converted TIFF-files in /var/spool/fax/docq before they were
sent, they
were perfectly OK.

The logfile seems OK: After transmitting the first page the modem
sends an MPS command that is answered with OK. After that the data
of the second page is sent and the log completes without error.

The only indication of a possible error is that the data size of the
second page is somewhat less than the size of the first page (8744
bytes/5211 bytes), although the contents of both pages is identical.
But - if this were the error - the amount of missing bytes should be much
larger,
because the contents of the second page is scaled down to just about 2
percent of
its original size.

I tried this with two totally different systems at the receiving end,
same error. Also searched Usenet, Web and Hylafax Archive...

Any ideas welcome :-)

Thomas Borowski
outtolunch@web.de