Re: [hylafax-users] I want the subject field in the notification mail

En réponse à Patrice Fournier <pfournier@loups.net>:

humm, seems not very easy ,
Well, here is what I have :

1- my users send fax at an adress that looks like :
"name%faxnumber.fax@host.fr" (because we have somes sendmail servers)

2- The mail server is a sendmail server.

3- here is the detail of adds in the sendmail.cf :
#Little trick to permit e-mail from other local hosts like user%
host.FAX@fire
R$+%$+.FAX<@$+>          $1<@$2.FAX>             user%host.FAX<@local>

# resolve fake top level domains by forwarding to other hosts
R$+ < @ $+ .FAX. >      $#fax $@ $2 $: $1               user@host.FAX

Mfax,          P=/usr/lib/fax/mailfax, F=DFMShu, M=1000000,
               A=faxmail $u@$h $f

it is working good for now .

4- The mailfax script I have modified like you said is :
/usr/bin/faxmail -n -d "$1" "$2" | /usr/bin/sendfax -f "$SENDER" -
i "$USRKEY" -R -d "`/usr/bin/expr \"$EXT2\" : '.*%\(.*\)\.fax$'`"

It works but i have :  DSN: unknown mailer error 255   in the logs
and it sends a message telling that sendfax : no dial string specified
(!)
And the -i option for having subject returned is not working (of
course, cause I DON T KNOW what variable I must put here)
may i put :
-i "$usrkey" like you said with JPARM
-i "$subject"
-i ...

I don' t know what to do.(I am missing a lot my -d direct delivery
option with faxmail,sorry,it was so clean)

please help.

> Quoting Mr Poirier Xavier <xpoirier@ch-bourg01.fr>:
>
> > > And as I said before here again, you can't. So you must
> call
> > > faxmail *without* -d and pipe it's output to sendfax to
> which you
> > can pass the -i option with the
> [USRKEY|JobTag|Identification].
> >
> > Where can I find the exact line in mailfax script working
> with pipe
> > sendfax , please ?
> > I've tryed somes things not working
> > it was a good pleasure to use the -d option for me, but ...
>
> That's the line where faxmail is called, you need to change it
> something similar to:
>
> faxmail | sendfax -n -i "$jobtag" -f "$sender" -d "$dest"
>
> Of course, add the full path to the commands and make sure you
> set those
> variables to what they represent. Look at the mailfax scripts
> for smail
> and qmail for examples (they do not use the -i though). You
> may need to
> add more options to fit your needs for headers that were
> parsed by faxmail
> when in -d.
>
> --
> Patrice Fournier