[hylafax-users] faxgetty won't start

Hello,

HylaFAX version:  4.1.1-2rh7.i386.rpm
OS:  Linux RedHat 7.1 Seawolf using KDE

I can successfully send and receive faxes but faxgetty won't start at boot
time or whenever I restart the HylaFax service.  Instead I have to start
faxgetty from bash using:

faxgetty -D /dev/ttyS1

I have made an entry in inittab as follows:

mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS1

and perhaps it is working because faxgetty never shuts down unless I shut
the HylaFax service down myself.  What I don't understand is why faxgetty
never starts to begin with.

Any ideas, please.
W.Robert Kellock                                    Ph:
+64 3 326 6115
Sales Manager                                        Fax:
+64 3 326 6115
Credit Systems Control Ltd                      Web:
www.creditscore.co.nz
                                              "making decisions easy"