Re: [hylafax-users] How 2D-MR work?

>There should be two lines before that one... look at the first one with
>SESSION BEGIN <commid> <cannonical number>

I don't include the two lines sorry, I thought was not relevant. The number
in the first line began with 351xxxxxx. The line that I included in the
thread only have xxxxxxx. I tried in destctrls the two ways, with 351 and
without.

>The info file you need to look at for the capabilities as seen by HylaFAX
will
>be info/<that cannonical number>

That's what I did. In log/ all entrys began with 351 code.

>> Apr 04 12:47:06.56: [ 5832]: Document was encoded with 2DMR, but
>> client does not support this data format

>That means the info file told HylaFAX that the remote system could do
2D...

I accepted that but in info/351xxxxx the tag supports2DEnconding:no is
there.

>Isn't there a call after that one for the same job which sends the file in

>1D?

Two more. Both fails with the same error.

>That's how it's supposed to work (and how it worked here whenever a
>remote changed machine to one that didn't do 2D)

That's what I tought and believe too. That's why I ask how hylafax work
with 2-D :-). I suspect that something is wrong with my nstalation and not
with hylafax itself.

>Are you sure you edit the right file (see my comment about the first line
>of the communication log)

:-). Are you teasing me? Kidding. I'm sure. And to not loose anything I
stopped faxqclean.

>> I think hylafax turn to 1-D but because the file was encoded 2DMR the
>> error show up?

>Sorry, I don't understand that question... but HylaFAX encoded the file in

>2DMR because the info file said the remote would do it according to the
>last call to that number... as the current call can be accomplished in 2D,

>it hang up to be able to convert the document and try again.

Unfortunally, Hylafax is not reenconding the file. Even if in
info/351xxxxxx the right tag is there ans saying "no 2D".

>Are you faxing lots of faxes, with many lines? If all the numbers maps to
the same
>cannonical number, and most machines do 2D, the file could be change to
>show 2D support between the two calls which would make the second attempt
>still fail...

I do. It's a good point. But info/351xxxxx stay with supports2DEnconding:no
all the time(I checked it right now). For some reason hylafax ignore it. Or
maybe is caused by broked fax machines, shame on costumers :-))), I advised
the last one to buy a modem-fax and receive the jobs in the PC eheheh.

Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt)
Dptº Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff