Re: [hylafax-users] Ideas to avoid use of printer driver?

procadas@creditus.pt wrote:

> People, forgive me but I couldn't find a better subject so here is the
> explanation: if a outgoing fax fails the user receive a notification by
> email as you know, but I modified the notify.awk script to attach the fax
> so the users only nedeed resend the file, in this case, from windows using
> WHFC. The users "print" the fax from ghostview (for windows) and here
> resides the problem, the postscript driver is used and the file is
> formatted to postscript again and loose quality. I guess that WHFC don't
> use the driver if the file is stored locally, but this increase the
> complexity. You need samba, need distintion for user/jobs, etc, etc. The
> best way is adding some code to WHFC of course, impossible due my
> background in windows programming(zero), our find another way. I tought in
> embedding gnu-hylafax in some web form or something...more good ideas,
> please. Cheers

I'd write a new mailer that pulls out the attachment and resubmits it to
hylafax.  Then modify notify.awk to add a "reply-to" header to redirect
everything to that mailer.  (Easy for me as I use sendmail - no idea how
to do this with other MTAs.)

That way, users would only have to reply to the email, and the mailer
would parse the information from the email/job logs and resubmit the
job.

--Yan

--
Famous first words: My, my, my, my, my!