[hylafax-users] A couple of things

Hi all,
i would like to thank you all for the mailing list and all the hints
and solutions that can be found on it.
I've been using hylafax for two years, and i'm very happy with it.
Thanks to you and the docs, i've set up my server to send and receive
faxes for unix, windows and macs, fax2mail, mail2fax, both number@host
and using the relayfax client.
About this, i've found that in my setup (relayfax 4.2.1) in the metalmail
dir, the file mm* sometimes are created in a 1-mm* form.
This ends in sending the fax with the body of relayfax mail included.
I've solved the problem by changing the .procmail script for relayfax
from rm -f mm* to rm -f *mm*.
Do you see any particular problem with this?

Another thing is localization. After using hylafax for two years, i've started
to offer it to our customers, and they're very happy with it.
They usually receive faxes in mailbox, and use whfc or relayfax to send,
with a copy of sent faxes in mailbox.
They've asked me to translate in italian the messages hylafax gives.
Is there any license problem in doing it? i would like, if the Hylafax
is interested on it, to publish the translations making them freely available.
Is there any issue about it, or any interest?

Last thing is incoming faxes routing. I've seen that this topic has been
discussed
on the list, and many informations are avalaible. Probably too much for me
as i'm really
a newbye in the fax and telephony world.
Please forgive me if i ask again some questions, but i'm trying to clarify
the situation.
We would offer to our ISP customers the possibility to send and receive
faxes over
internet, using relayfax and fax2mail capability. Sending is not a problem,
it works
well, we have a pair of modems just sending faxes, and process xferfaxlog
for accounting.
Receiving is another thing... We're starting, and our hardware is null.
We have no lines, no modem, no pabx yet, and we have to buy (or at least if
it's worth or not).
We should start to serve about 6 customers, and growing. As a start, as i
understand, it would
be possibile to have 6 lines, with one modem each, and give the 6 numbers
as fax numbers of
our customers, right? then a faxrcvd script for each modem will route the
messages in mailbox.
A smarter solution when fax numbers grow, would be using DID.
With DID the hardware (but what kind of hardware'??) can detect the number
the sender did.
This way i could have 6 lines with 6 modems, (a pabx?) and let's say 32
phone number that round robin
through the 6 modems. Then routing is made based on the number the sender
dialed.
This would also enable a number to receive more than one concurrent fax, right?
But DID is not supported by hylafax.... so? what can i do? if the customers
remain few
i can go on with the one-customer-one-modem approch, but then?
Thank you all and sorry for asking again about the incoming routing, but
after reading the ml archive
i ended up more confused than when i started =(
Bye,
Ricky