Re: [hylafax-users] Broadcast faxing

Quoting Dimitry.Ketov@avalon.ru:

> Is there any efficient solution (modified sendfax client, for example)
> for broadcast fax managing in order reusing SAME document in docq queue
> for sending same fax to thousands destanations from given FILE (not by
> using multiple -d option)?

You can use a script that calls sendfax and generates those -d for you...

Here's the one I use which I modify to match the options I need everytime
which are almost always the same (if anyone of you changes it so that it
parses the information from the command line instead, please post it back
to the list).

=== Begin script ===
#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# Send faxdocument.ps document to every numbers listed in faxnumlist.txt
# (one number per line)
#

@args = ();
$filename = "./faxnumlist.txt";
$filetosend = "faxdocument.ps";
$sendfax = "/usr/local/bin/sendfax";

#push(@args, "-m");
push(@args, "-n");
push(@args, "-N");
push(@args, "-P");
push(@args, "bulk");
push(@args, "-k");
push(@args, "now+7days");

open(INPUT, "< $filename");
@lines = <INPUT>;
foreach $num (@lines)
{
  $num =~ s/[\r\n]//g;
  $num =~ s/\t/ /g;
  push(@args, "-d");
  push(@args, $num);
}
close INPUT;
push(@args, $filetosend);

exec($sendfax, @args);
==== end script ====

I've only used it with list of about 500 recipients, but it should scale
above that.

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net