[hylafax-users] please help.

I'm maintaing several FreeBSD servers, running 4.5-R. I'm using the
latest version of Hylafax 4.1.1 with a USR Sportster 33.6 Data/Fax modem V34.

I am using Hylafax to receive and print the faxes via APSFILTER on a remove
Samba printer. I am also sending faxes from MS Word clients.

I currently have three problems described below:

1) My first problem is that running the USR Sportster 33.6 v34 on Class 2.0 does
not work correctly. Our 'real' fax machines can't connect at all. I'm currently
using it as a Class 1 fax and it seems to work ok.

Is there any special reason to get a new modem just for Class 2.0 support?

2) Hylafax saves faxes in TIFF format. Is there anyway to make it save
faxes in another format?

I'm having problems with fax2ps and tiff2ps. I went back to the mailing list
archives, and i see others have had similar problems, but i couldn't find
any solutions to the posts.

The problem with fax2ps is that it creates a properly aligned image, but the whole
image has garbage black lines all over it.

The problem with tiff2ps is that it creates a perfect image, but its shifted to
the right by about 3cm, which makes a legal document unusable.

I tried forcing the A4 page length, but that had no effect. I played with
the other options, but they don't do a signle thing, the output is always the same.

3) My last problem is that i can't get Adaptive Answering to work properly. I am
not sure what i'm supposed to do, and i couldn't find a guide which explains how
to setup AA correctly.

Any help would be appriciated. Thank you.

  H.I.C. & D.B.S.   OS/2 Warp   Hellas
  ServerConfig   ConfigEdit   OS/2 UK UG
  Live fast, die young, and leave a handsome corpse