[hylafax-users] FW: Help Please, I broke HylaFax

A couple of months ago, I spent a whole weekend geting Hylafax just the way I wanted it on my
FreebSD 4.5 STABLE machine.

It did inbound/outbound fax/ppp/getty all on the same port, using a Courier Vanything Modem.
Really nice.

Last weekend, I made teh tryuly stupid mistake of trying to use portupgrade to update my ports
tree. Along the (frustrating) trail of this (which BTW isn't working yet). The Hylafax port got
reinstalled :-(

Now, I didn't thisnk this was going to be the end of the world, after all, thanks to Amanda I
have very good abckups.

So I blew away /usr/local/spool/hylafax, and restored it using Amanda.

Bad news, this did not get Hylafax working again. I have rebboted the machine cycled power to
the modem, pretty much done everything that I can think of to get this back, still it's not
workking. For one thig the modem answers the phone when it rings, but it's not in "adapative
answer" mode, so it sends fax tomes W/O waiting to see if the calling modem is going to iissue
data tones. Needles to say this does not work for incoming calls, unless the _are_ faxes.

I really don't want to spend this whole weekend rediscvering the mystries of this. Are there
Hylafax config files that are isntalled somewhere other than /usr/local/spool/hy;afax by the
port?

Any sugestiosn would be greatly apprecited.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin