[hylafax-users] SUMMARY: what is your volume and what platform

Hello,
a few days ago I asked:
I've got faxing software from "faximum" running on an hp-ux in
production, trying to send several hundred faxes a day. we're seeing a
*lot* of failures, at least 30-50%. I'm looking for other solutions.

I'm not convinced that the software is the problem, but I'm looking at
everything I can think of...

So, what platform are you all using for hylafax? And how many (faxes,
pages?) per day are you sending, and are you all happy with it?

I got a few replies that I'll pass along, but first I wanted to tell you what my
problem was with the 40-50% failure rate. Turns out my suspicion about it not
being a software problem appears to be right. All the phone lines we were using
were going through our PBX. As soon as we removed the PBX from the equation and
used POTs lines, our failure rate went to almost nil. A word to the wise!

For those interested, though, in the numbers:
Well in the last four days ours sent 1300 pages to 300 machines with 0 errors!!
We received 400 pages with only 2 errors. Running Hylafax on RH7.0 with kernel
2.2.20 on an Eicon Diva 4BRI card using drivers from melware.de.
I have Hylafax running on a RedHat box that does, depending on the users, from
175 faxes on a slow day to just under 1000 faxes.  The machine has been
providing 100% delivery.  The average page count on the faxes is 3 pages.
The one of the five that handles the largest volume has five modems (three
internal PCI, two external).  It receives anywhere from 50 to 100 faxes (usually
multipage legal) per week day.  Once per week it faxes out a batch of bulk faxes
(usually about 500) to the clientelle.  I am using HylaFAX 4.1.1 installed via
RPM on a RedHat 7.1 system - Duron 600 PC.
We are using HylaFAX 4.1 beta2 release 201 on a SuSE Linux 7.1 machine We
usually received close 1000+ per day and send 300+ . To not spent much time in
configure a machine I usually use RH and the rpm, 4.1beta2 before the new
release 4.1.1.
I am running FreeBSD 4.4 with 6 USR courier modems recieving 5-10 faxes a day
and sending 1200-2000 faxes per day.

Thanks to all
/ Sid /