Re: [hylafax-users] Routing faxes to other fax servers based on phone number

On 2002.03.20 05:42 Enrico Payne wrote:
> Hello, I wonder if someone can help?
>
> I am trying to setup 2 HylaFax servers that will be deployed in different
> cities. I would like to be able to have the servers route faxes to each
> other, based on the dialing code in the phone number. This will enable us
> reduce phone costs.

Least cost routing... HylaFAX server can do least cost routing between the
modems in one server using DestControls, but it can't do it between
multiple servers.  (I.e., "Host" is not an option in DestControls.)  Once
HylaFAX server has received a job it will perform it itself unless
DestControls has a RejectNotice for that destination.

> Is this possible using Windows client software and modifing the
> dialrules?
> If so, how do I go about this?

DialRules won't help you here.

If you want to do this you'll have to do it client-side, before the fax is
delivered to HylaFAX.  This is easy enough if you use sendfax.  You'd
simply write a sendfax wrapper that sets the sendfax -h option based on
your routing rules.