[hylafax-users] Archiving

Hi,

I just suffered a filled /var partition for my HylaFax server and realised
I should do something about those old jobs laying arround... but faxqclean
can't do archiving yet (and even if it did, it wouldn't be what I need). So
before hacking what I need (I may just keep an eye on the disk space (or
install a new disk dedicated for that partition) for a while) I wanted to
know what everyone else has and/or need...

Currently, Hylafax permit us to keep job queue files and documents for a
specified period (same period for every jobs, and another one for every
documents).

What I need is to be able to keep jobs and documents for a short period. If
the job is successful, after the short period (15 min or an hour or two),
the queue file needs to be archived and the documents can be removed. If it
wasn't successful, it should stay in the doneq (and documents should thus
not be removed) so that one could take care of it and be able to resend it
(It could then be manually moved/removed or this could be done
automatically after a couple of days). After a longer period (2 months),
the job file must be removed from the archive directory.

I don't really care if the jobs stay in doneq or go into another directory
(but a doneq of a couple thousand jobs is hard to work with using Cypheus
1.x over a modem connection!), I just need to have access to the
information for 2 months but I don't want to waste two months worth of
document space, this is way to much space. Some jobs I don't need to keep
the info for two months so if this could be specified in the job file, it
would be even better, but that's a much lower priority.

What should happend to the communication log files? Should they be
"cleaned" by faxqclean as well?

The current archive documentation (for the unimplemented function), seem to
be to archive both the queue file *and* the document. Is this something
anyone want? i.e. should I use the "archive" doneop for what I need or
should I create a new type of doneop? Is there other needs you could have
that I could code at the same time if I do it (I can't guarantee anything)?
Have you done something already that you could share?

Thanks (and sorry if this was unintelligible, it's getting late),

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@loups.net