[hylafax-users] HylaFAX on Compaq Laptop Modem works

Dear Maintainers of HylaFAX,

for several years now I'm using Linux and HylaFAX on my Compaq
Armada 7790 DMT Laptop. The built-in modem has the peculiarity
that it answers to query commands by giving the required
information followed by a return and a newline, but without
confirming the action by saying "OK". Such a behavior is not
really supported yet by HylaFAX.

Moreover, the answer to AT+FCLASS=? is just the line
"0,1,8,80" which is not understood by HylaFAX.

However, let me tell you that after softening up query commands in
ClassModem.c++ and Class1.c++ (essentially, do not exit when
waiting for "OK" fails), the modem works just fine.

I do not know about how many people would like to use HylaFAX on
those Compaq Laptops, but is it possible to support modems of this
type in the future?

With best regards,

                                Siegfried Bosch