Re: [hylafax-users] My hylafax don't send any facsimile !!!!!

On 2002.02.26 17:51 JamesWen wrote:
> Below is the /var/log/messages content
>
> Feb 27 09:17:07 localhost HylaFAX[11531]: Filesystem has SysV-style file
> creation semantics.
> Feb 27 09:17:07 localhost HylaFAX[11531]: What we have here is a PDF file
> Feb 27 09:17:07 localhost FaxQueuer[817]: SUBMIT JOB 26
> Feb 27 09:17:08 localhost FaxQueuer[11532]: JOB 26: CONVERT DOCUMENT:
> Could
> not reopen converted document to verify format
> Feb 27 09:17:08 localhost FaxQueuer[817]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q26"
> "format_failed" ""

This means that you have a misconfigured Ghostscript installation on your
system.

You'll get a bit better idea if you run textfmt from the prompt by hand
(yeah, it's not running at all in your PDF case, but textfmt uses
Ghostscript, and will provide you a nice verbose message if you like lots
of Ghostscript barf on your screen).

try:

textfmt /etc/passwd >/dev/null

You'll probably see "format_failed" with a lot of other Ghostscript stuff.

Anyway, you need to check that FontMap and FontPath in hyla.conf are set
correctly *if* they were not compiled correctly because configure simply
"guessed".  Remember that Ghostscript expects to find its fonts where it
was compiled to expect them.

If this isn't your problem, then check to see if your FontMap file is
named FontMap.GS.  If it is you MUST be using HylaFAX 4.1.1 or you will
need to rename/symlink/copy FontMap.GS to FontMap - moving whatever
FontMap file may be in the way.