Re: [hylafax-users] modems stop answering for unknow reason?

On 2002.02.24 13:37 bradw wrote:

> ok, I'm trying to find out if this is a hylafax problem of a problem with
> my hardware. It's starting to look like my modems stop responding ether
> after a spicific amount of time (or calles?), or that hylafax is not
> resetting the modem for some reason that i can't find in my loges.

Change ServerTracing in your modem config to 0xFFF, restart faxgetty and
look again.

> faxstat shows modems are fine? but they dont answer calles?
> the last fax that gets answered seemes fine, and its logs look ok?
> if I do a  /etc/init.d/hylafax faxgettyreset everyting starts working
> again.

What is "/etc/init.d/hylafax faxgettyreset" ???

The SysV "hylafax" script doesn't have any faxgetty options.  It only
deals with faxq and hfaxd.

> anyone have any good insites as to where to look for more info that might
> help me figure this out?

Frankly, it sounds to me like faxgetty is NOT actually running, or faxq is
stopping for some reason.

> how can i get hylafax to give me more detailed syslogs stuff?

ServerTracing will give you more info about modem resetting.