Re: [hylafax-users] Zyxel is blocked !

> > I've problems with my Zyxel E2864/V 3.00a. After sending a fax I have to turn
> > it off/on, before next job. Otherwise it's blocked.
>
> The ZyXEL's actually have a pretty good rep.   I personally swear by
> MultiTech ZDX's.  I'd love to like USR Couriers, but alas, the FAX
> firmware sucks rocks, or so they tell me.

The problem might be that the german version of this modem has some blocking
built in to prevent mass dialing in case of no answer from the remote.
This block had (has?) to be built in the modem, forced by some authority, there
have been multiple versions how this works. One version is that the modem is not
allowed to dial again (to the same number?) if the last call did not connect.
The software driving the modem has to wait for maybe 30sec (or longer?) before
daialing again. hylafax does not wait and i run into this problem once.
After a certain number of unsecessfully tries the modem has to block until
it is powered of and on again. Modems usually have undocumented AT commands to
disabled this feature, but use them at your own risk.

Bernd