From: Brent Rogers [mailto:brent.rogers@countryfresh.com]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 3:47 PM
To: bradw; Conlan Adams
Cc: jwelch@buffalowildwings.com; hylafax
Subject: RE: [hylafax-users] storing faxes?

I'll answer for Conlan, since I work with him at he has left for the day.
(It's his Birthday)

The faxes our system receives average around 30 kilobytes per page when
stored in TIFF format.  this allows for 20,000 pages per CD.  Our faxes
average something like 7 pages each, so we are getting just over 3000 faxes
to a CD, which a couple of weeks for us.

We had originally wanted to do the same thing with the header line, but I
believe that is sent in the fax image by the remote end (if this is untrue,
oh wiser hylafax-list people, please correct me...), so you would have to
OCR the fax and hope to pull that out.  You may be able to name the files
with the phone number used though, but even those rely on the remote end to
tell the system what the number is, it doesn't use caller ID.  Odds are that
a good number will have no number listed in them.