[hylafax-users] USR Fax Modem 56k

I have a problem with a USRobotics 56k Fax Modem recently
bought to be used in a hylafax server solution. Apart from
a problem with the copy quality capability which was resolved
promptly by a configuration change all seemed to be working fine.
I installed it for one of my clients and started seeing problems
of the type:

ANSWER:  Ring detected without successful handshake

These errors seemed to be caused when sombody tried to send a fax
using an economical FAX telephone where they telephone the FAX,
wait for the reply, put down the phone and then press the send
button.

I'm at a loss about how to resolve this.
Is there anybody out there who has resolved this problem ?

Thanks in advance. All help is welcome.
Simon Bridgwater
TC SISTEMA - Brescia
Italy