Re: [hylafax-users] Config template for ELSA Mircrolink 56ki

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:02:12 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm just trying to setup a faxserver with an ELSA Microlink 56ki. Basically
>everythings seems to work, but output results when sending to standard
>desktop fax are pretty poor.
>So, I'm looking for a config template customized for this modem type.
What do you mean by "poor"?
garbled lines or the text is too grey/opaque?

if the former try switching to class1 if using class2, try using xonxoff if
using rtccts.

if the latter, then find out if you are using "fine" quality (look into
hyla.conf or sendfax command line switch, man sendfax).
Moreover, if faxed files are ascii, check that the postscript conversion
uses a bold font.

--
giulioo@pobox.com