Re: [hylafax-users] V.34 fax (Super G3)

At 08:36 PM 11/6/01 -0500, Patrice Fournier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new to that list, tried to search the list archive and found nothing
>about this... I'd like to know if any one of you would know if HylaFAX would
>be able to send fax at V.34 speed. The latest MultiTech MultiModemZPX
>(MT5634ZPX-PCI-V92) does V.34 fax sending (Class 2.1 and Class 1.0). I can't
>find anything about those classes in HylaFAX document/FAQ or mailing
>lists... would that mean I won't be able to use V.34 speed with that modem
>or it just will be harder to configure?

See: http://www.hylafax.org/patches/
There is a patch there to implement V.34, however, I'm not sure that it has
been sucessfully used at all with any modem.  I tried it a number of times
with various modems, but I don't know exactly what value it would present
to anyone when 99.9% of the systems out there wouldn't support it anyway.