[hylafax-users] Coverpage Woes

Read all FAQ's, and Usenet news articles that I could find on the subject. I
managed to hack together a reasonable fax coversheet... It is working, but it
is not elegant.

Perhaps someone can advise me on resolving a couple of issues I have...

1. I am rendering the template using the Adobe Postscript driver for
Windows2000 and M$Word2000. It doesn't render a clean-cut postscript file. I
can imagine your printer doesn't care if every single letter is placed on the
page individually, but it makes it difficult for a human to edit! Does there
exist a Windows program that would render an easier-for-a-human-to-edit
template?

2. I'm definitely doing something wrong with regards to the comments. I tried
placing the suggested comment-splitting postscript code in the doc (I'm not a
postscript programmer. Postscript still looks like some crazy Moon language to
me...) and placing the postscript variables comment1 .. comment9 inside the
template. HylaFAX/Ghostscript won't convert it! It fails on coversion due to
postscript errors... I'm positive it is operator error. Help!

3. The coversheet's length is exactly as long as the last bit of text/graphic
on the page. Is this normal? Can I force the coversheet to 11" by editing the
postscript doc? I guess I could put a tag-line at the bottom of the page, but I
can't help but imagine that there is a better and more correct way to do it
within postscript. In my mind, it looks better, even though I waste a 1/2 sheet
of paper, for the sheet to be normal Letter size.

CG