Re: [hylafax-users] faxgetty instead of faxmodem

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:27:03 +0100, you wrote:

>sometimes I have the known problem
>"Document was encoded with 2DMR, but modem does not support
>this data format"
>while sending faxes.
>The FAQ tells me to use faxgetty instead of faxmodem.
>who can I configure this?
>I'm running hylafax unter FreBSD 4.3 stable with an ELSA 28.8 TQV

If you use faxmodem, without any command line option, HylaFAX should never try
2D. So, are you sure you are not already using faxgetty?

If the message is about your modem not supporting 2D (there's a similar message
about remote modems), then you have 3 options:
1) put
 Use2D: no
in etc/config
this affect all your modems.

2) put
Class2DCCCmd: <see hylafax-config man pages>
in etc/config.<devid>
this affect only the specified modem

3) reconfigure the modem to use class1, in class1 2D is managed by HylaFAX and
not by the modem.
This is what I'd do.

--
giulioo@pobox.com