Re: [hylafax-users] Question about a modem

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:47:47 -0400, you wrote:

>> However, I've another modem that does not work because it wants only 2
>> wires phone cables, while the VoIP cable is 4 wires; this modem always
>> "hears" RINGs on the line while there's none.
>
>Henh?  I'm not aware of *anything* that's four-wire, except MultiTech
>leased line analog modems...

When you look at the plastic end of the phone/modem cable, there are some
phone/modem cables that have 4 golden metal stuff attached to yellow, green,
red, blu/black wires, other just 2 (green/red).

The first kind of modem I have will work with both kind of cables, the 2nd type
only with 2 wires cables.

Note, that I don't know anything about the structure or functioning/purpose of
those wires, just that some have 2 some 4 :-)

--
giulioo@pobox.com