Re: [hylafax-users] Help selecting a modem.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Thorsteinn Sigurdsson wrote:

> After messing around with my current modem I've decided to get a new one.
> The problem is that I need a modem that can send to all our client fax
> machines (not most of them) without any complications.
> Looking at the Q003: Which modems can be used with HylaFAX on
> http://www.hylafax.org/HylaFAQ/Q003.php the only recomended modem that has
> no known problems is the Multi-Tech	MT1932ZDX.
> I've only found 2 supplyers on the net with that make and it costs $120
> (quite expensive), and they don't send to europe. I'm sure there are newer
> models which should not have any problems, and hopefully at a more
> reasonable price...

FWIW, we've had no reliability problems with the Multitech MT5600ZDX and
the MutliTech MT5634ZPX-PCI.  We're running them in Class 1 mode, since
that seems to be the current consensus. The PCI card one was something
like US$60 each.

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road