Re: [hylafax-users] fax2pdf: Is there such a creature?

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 02:13:35PM -0500, D D wrote:
> I am posting this message because www.hylafax.org is down and I cannot
> research the maillist archive so please forgive me if this is a re-hashed
> thread.

There have been some intermittent problems this last month since the
DSL provider which services the website had facilities in the WTC.

> Currently I am trying to forward incoming faxes to a particular email
> address.  I am successful in doing this however the attachment, of course,
> is in PostScript format which requires my Windows machine to use GSView to
> read the file.  It would be better if the attachment was in PDF format.  Is
> there a way to do this, and if so, how is it done?

Actually, by default, incoming faxes should be in TIFF format.  If
yours are in PS, something is processing them.  The culprit would
likely be in your faxrcvd script...

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet: it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me