Re: [hylafax-users] AS400

>Is  it possible  to  send  faxes  from as400   with  hylafax ?
>bruno

EHEHEHEHEHEHEH! Aaah! Another dreamer. Yes, it is possible but ( there
always a but, dam!), we must say this as theorically. First, you should
check if you can use Host Print Transformation, in this case AFPDS. You
cold use the java based hylafax client, gnu-hylafax but, yes but, careful
with your DNS configuration and, of course, you must deal with problems
caused by put spool files into databse(physical files). AS400 insert many,
many extra control characters. With AFPDS you can transform spool files
into PDF, PostScript and even Tiff. Oh, and you can use overlays too. This
seem easy because ou have alot of choices right? Wrong! AS400 is a headach.
I tried the simple approach. Only ascii from AS400 and do the rest in my
linux box. It's easy with enscript (thanks Giulio) if you want use the logo
of your company. Easy right? Wrong! The portuguese special characters are
not transformed from EBCDIC to ASCII. I have the script ready to send fax
but until I can't resolve the portuguese characters issue this not help.
But according with my memory italian don't have special characters rght?
Ummm maybe you are a lucky guy. If I'm right maybe you will be the first
one:). If you are interested enough just email me.

Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt)
Dptº Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff