Re: [hylafax-users] MaxDials

Hi,

> >/var/spool/fax/etc/config
> >/var/spool/fax/etc/config.<tty>
>
> MaxDials doesn't work from etc/config.<devid> according to documentation.

I searched Deja and found someone claiming that to be an appropriate
place. I was willing to try anything at that point.

> >/usr/local/lib/fax/hfaxd.conf
> >/usr/share/fax/hfaxd.conf
> >/usr/share/fax/hyla.conf
>
> These are *client* configuration files, not server configuration files.
> So, if you're not "sendfax"-ing from that system, these configuration files
> are useless for you.

Well, sendfax'ing still results in a "0:12" fax in the queue.

> >Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as 12 redials can be quite
> >expensive.
>
> By default it shouldn't be making 12 attempts unless it hears BUSY.  So, it
> shouldn't be costing you any toll (if your telco is like those here in the
> US).  If it's having communications problems, then it's probably in your
> best interest to research *those* problems in particular to get it fixed
> (upgrade).
>
> You may want to use MaxTries also in your configuration.

I've tried MaxTries as well. I'll upgrade and try those solely in
etc/config and see if it works.

Kind Regards,

Michael Higgins