Re: [hylafax-users] problem with deleting incomming/outgoing

Dear Mr. Roçadas,
thank you for your fast response to my question, but unfortunately your tip did not work for me, but it is possible, that i still understand/ do something wrong with my configuration.
Can you, or someone else explain to me what happens when a user connects to the faxserver who has a admin password. Is this user automaticaly mapped to the uucp ( fax ) user ? Must a user that is listed in the hosts.hfaxd also be a valid user in the linux system ?
i have tried the following:
first i just added a new entry at the top of my hosts.hfaxd, as you told me. but this did not work. I could login with the administrator password but always get the message:
550 /recvq/fax00008.tif: Operation not permited
when i try to delete or view the file.
Then i have created a linux account for the user in the hosts.hfaxd file with group root, but another try showed no improvement.
The fax00008.tif file has following rights set:
0600, user: uucp, group: wheel ?
thank you for your kind help
with best regards
Andreas Oster
>>> procadas@creditus.pt 13.09.01 15.19 >>> I assume that you have created a user with admin privileges (ex:adminuser). Take the entry in hosts.hfaxd for this admin user and place it at the TOP. The entry could be like this ^adminuser@ I forgot to mention. To delete the outgoing fax you must login as adminuser.

Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt) Dpt* Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff