Re: [hylafax-users] New faxrcvd

> Newbie question
> Is it just a matter of substituting my existing faxrcvd with this one ?

Yes, you will also have to create etc/FaxDispatch if you haven't already. (To
set SENDTO, FILETYPE, and any of the other options available... read the
comments in my faxrcvd for more details)

> Will I notice any changes ?

Default behavior is the same (attachments are 7bit ascii encoded Postscript). It
uses tiff2ps now instead of fax2ps, since the tiff2ps man page dates back to 97,
I doubt there will be anyone without this file. There are also some changes to
the formatting of the emails. However, since I don't know which faxrcvd you are
using, I can't give you an exact answer. Most of the changes are from previous
patches I made to the faxrcvd from the CID patch. However, I made this faxrcvd
CIDNumber optional so it takes either 4 or 5 parameters. Also, I've been using
it for a few days now, unlike my last patch I posted which was broke! (a
misspelled /dev/null drove me nuts for hours!) This one works! (Well on my
system at least)

-Jeremy