[hylafax-users] Serial latency

Hi

I'm running Hylafax 4.1rc2 under RH 7.1 on a 486 100MHz (16550AF UARTS) with
a Multitech MT1932ZDXK Class 2 modem, RTSCTS handshaking (cabling
double-checked) and 38400 Baud between PC and modem.

Clearly the machine isn't exactly cutting edge and once the machine comes
under load when receiving a fax I start losing chunks of the incoming page.
Can anyone advise on the likely success of any of the following ideas:

Drop the modem comms speed to 19200 or 9600 Baud.

Run setserial at startup with the low_latency option.

Modify the UART fifo interrupt threshold. At some point during the
installation I recall a message stating this was set to 8 but I don't know
what to do to change this.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.